Libya: Despite the start of Ramadan, warlord Haftar maintains his destruction of Tripoli

[The North Africa Journal - Africa] - 6/05/2019
Tripoli, May 6, 2019 – Libyan strongman Khalifa Haftar, who launched an offensive against Tripoli last month, has urged his troops to teach unity government forces an “even harder lesson”, as the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan begins. Haftar’s self-styled Libyan National Army (LNA) launched an (...)
... Article published by "The North Africa Journal" (Africa), read the rest of the news
For any information or claim on this article, see directly with the newspaper.


        e-mail

In Libya newspapers

Italy’s Prime Minister calls for ceasefire in Libya in meeting with Haftar
The Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte met Thursday morning with Khalifa Haftar, who has been leading an (...)
[Libyan Express] - 16/05/2019
Reporters Without Borders ask Haftar to shed light on fate of two missing Libya Al-Ahrar journalists
By Sami Zaptia. London, 21 May 2019: The international NGO Reporters Without Borders (RSF) yesterday called on (...)
[Libya Herald] - 21/05/2019
On his last day in office, US ambassador to Libya says military escalation is not the solution
The US ambassador to Libya, Peter Bodde, said Thursday marks his last day serving as the Chief of Mission of U.S. (...)
[Libyan Express] - 24/05/2019
44 of Libya’s Parliament members in Tobruk call for pullout from UN-brokered political agreement
44 members of the Libyan House of Representatives (HoR) in Tobruk rejected in a statement on Sunday the UN-brokerd (...)
[Libyan Express] - 19/05/2019
Freed Filipino hostages arrive in Manila via Abu Dhabi
By Sami Zaptia. London, 21 May 2019: The three freed Filipino hostages arrived in Manila on Saturday. The three (...)
[Libya Herald] - 21/05/2019
Hafter rejects Macron call for unconditional ceasefire
By Sami Zaptia. London, 23 May 2019: Libyan National Army (LNA) commander, Khalifa Haftar, rejected calls for a (...)
[Libya Herald] - 23/05/2019
UN joins EU in rendering Haftar’s Tripoli attack as threat to international peace and security
UNSMIL has welcomed in a statement the European Union’s Foreign Affairs Council statement on Libya, which called for (...)
[Libyan Express] - 15/05/2019
US ambassador Bodde’s farewell message calls for ceasefire and return to UNSMIL-led Libyan political dialogue
By Sami Zaptia. London, 24 May 2019: In his leaving statement published last night, outgoing US ambassador to (...)
[Libya Herald] - 24/05/2019
Haftar tells French President: No ceasefire in Tripoli for now
Khalifa Haftar, speaking on Wednesday with French President Emmanuel Macron, ruled out a ceasefire. Reuters (...)
[Libyan Express] - 22/05/2019
US House Foreign Affairs Committee: Haftar’s war crimes to be probed by FBI, Justice Dept.
The US House Foreign Affairs Committee urged in a hearing on Wednesday on Libya for the American Justice (...)
[Libyan Express] - 16/05/2019
Migrants reacued off Libyan coast by Sea Watch allowed to land in Italy
Families with children saved in the Mediterranean by the German charity Sea-Watch were given permission to land in (...)
[Libyan Express] - 17/05/2019
France: Only political solution as per Paris, Palermo, and Abu Dhabi agreements can end Libya’s conflict
France said in a statement issued on Wednesday on its Foreign Ministry website that its stance is well known and (...)
[Libyan Express] - 15/05/2019
|   Adding or removing your content   |   Add your newspaper   |